Monday 17 February 2014

Research of adverts!

As move into the design and productions of my advert I have done some research into existing artists adverts. The advert which I will create will be a poster for my artist's single/album. The general codes and conventions which I will need to include are:

- the artist
- the song/ album name
- the release date of the album
- could feature the CD cover somewhere on the poster.

The poster would normally be portrait but some artists have chosen to use landscape posters previously. These posters would usually feature in magazines or bus stops for example, given this I have decided that a portrait would be best suited for these locations and will provide optimum exposure for my artist and the upcoming CD.


Here are some adverts in the same genre as my artist:


















Some artist's choose not to feature on there posters:


But I think this only works because Britney Spears is so established and this style of poster works with the theme of her album titles 'Circus'. As my artist is just starting off I feel as if it would be more beneficial for her to feature on the poster.

No comments:

Post a Comment