Saturday 1 February 2014

Ellie Goulding's Music Videos!

Ellie Goulding- The Writer




I've been looking at Ellie Goulding's music videos for inspiration and the video above has elements similar to the video in which I hope to create. I really like the clean and bright feel of the video and the close ups of the artist which help to connect with the artist and the song. However, this video was done on a very high budget seen by the locations for example, and although I really like the outdoor locations used in this video given where I live I feel this may not be as practical but it will help me put my own spin on the elements which I liked. The thing I probably like the most and will use in my video is how stripped back and minimalist the video is, I like this as it helps to convey the emotion of the song and the performance of the song so like this video I'll have very few props and costume changes. However this means I will rely heavily on the mise-en-scene and performance of my cast. One thing that I will change is, I will include more narrative in my video this video was mainly performance which worked but for my chosen video there is an underlying darkness in the narrative which will have to be portrayed and won't be able to be understood by the audience if it were purely performance based but of course I will include some performance in my video.

No comments:

Post a Comment