Thursday 6 February 2014

Digipak ideas



For my digipak cover I have been doing some research and an effect which I like is the glitter effect which most commonly can be seen on Ellie Goulding's covers.
 Here is Ellie Goulding's cover for Bright Lights, as you can see it gives the cover a really girly and almost magical feel which is also created by the title which looks like its glowing.







I research different ways of achieving this and found that although photoshop does have a light and filter effect there is also a practical way of doing this which consists of using fairy lights in the background of the photo.

http://www.winegumsandwatermelons.com/2013/11/tips-on-using-fairy-light-backgrounds-for-christmas-pictures.html

The above website gave me some ideas on how to do this, with tutorials and different ways of creating the effect. This was helpful and even showed different pictures of the effect so this will help when it comes to my digipak photoshoot.



Here, is an example of this style being used it shows how the use of fairy lights looks in a final picture, I really like the picture on the right as clearly there has been additional editing done but I really like the final effect. Hopefully, I can create the same effect.

No comments:

Post a Comment