Thursday 6 February 2014

First day of shooting!

SHOOTING DAY 1:

Today I started shooting some footage for my music video, I started by taking some test shots using a black background using a Nikon D60, these shots helped me see what lighting was effective on camera and how the black background worked for the mood which I wanted to create. After that I started some of the performance shots for the chorus, this I shot several times from various angles. I didn't get as much as I would have liked when shooting but it gave me a few takes and was a good practise for me. Hopefully I can shoot again within the next couple of days and get more footage as ultimately the more takes and variety of shots I have the better.

Here's some of the shots I got from testing the lighting and potentially after editing could be uses for my digipak.


 This picture I really like as I think her hair is a prominent feature on it, however I don't think the lighting was strong enough here or was in a position which didn't light my artist in a way which made her stand out the way I wanted her to.














This shot I really like as it's quite well lit, you can fully see her the artist's face and pose will hopefully catch an audience's eye. This picture was helpful in establishing how much light is needed to be fully effective and seen on camera.


No comments:

Post a Comment