Saturday 25 January 2014

First ideas!

Music Video Ideas!

I've been beginning to think about the ideas for my music video, through my research and listening to my song I have already got some ideas of what to include in my music video and what direction I want to take my music video in. Some I am sure I want to include and some need developing further...

'Breath your smoke into my lungs'

For these lyrics, I was playing around with some ideas of incorporating the idea of smoke and using it as a visual. This way it will link the lyrics to the visuals in my video, two ways of portraying this so far that I have come up with is by having my artist surrounded by smoke or a close up of smoke on her face, also a way of making this my effective will be to have it in black and white as I feel like it will create a more dramatic and dynamic effect. 

'Stare into the sun' 

A way of showing this I thought I could show my artist looking into the sun/light , this way I can either use an artificial light to imitate the sun or I could use the real light from the sun but this will be harder to plan and make sure that I get the right light needed for it to be effective enough. With this in mind I feel like it may be easier to use an artificial light as it means that I can control it enough for it to be effectively displayed on camera. There are also a variety of ways which I have considered, I'm pretty sure at I want to show the light but using light and shadows on the artists face highlighting her facial expression which will portray the mood of the song but she will either be placed sitting on a window be, looking out of the window another option may be to have her on a messy bed and as the light comes through the window she turns to face it but again this will be harder to create. 

'Lovers hold on' 

I was thinking of different ways in which I could show this lyric which is good as I will need numerous ideas because it repeats quite a lot. One way in which I can do this is through showing a hand reaching towards another hand I can either do this by using another persons hand, a mirror or even both which my suit my narrative quite well. I think for this line and lyrics around this line there will be a lot of close ups on her hand to link the lyrics and the visuals.

There are other words which I will display through visuals including 'Kiss' in which there will be a close up of a kiss on the cheek and 'vanish' which will show the male character in the video disappearing revealing the female character to be alone.

Here are some of my first ideas I will continue to update them as they progress. 

No comments:

Post a Comment