Saturday 5 April 2014

Evaluation Question 3

Question 3) What have you learnt from your audience feedback? 


Audience feedback has been a vital element throughout the production of my coursework. The first bit of Audience feedback which I collected was from the audience questionnaire that I used to help determine my target audience and their expectations of the genre. I aided my primary research by looking at secondary research, this I did by looking Young and Rubicam’s 4 C’s which identified the different types of people targeted by marketing, this also helped me establish who it was I was actually targeting. 


 I created the questionnaire using Survey Monkey and put the link on my blog as well as sending the link round via email and social network, I additionally verbally asked people to fill in the questionnaire. Using Survey Monkey was extremely useful in organising my audience questionnaire as after I created the survey and people had filled it in the website collected all the results, analysed them for me and produced graphs for me, then I blogged about the answers I had received. From this questionnaire, my results concluded that people said that they enjoyed performance, followed by narrative based music videos over concept based music videos. These results helped me have a direction for my music video and I tried to cover the majority of these areas in order to stay true to my initial audience feedback, this therefore proves that it is very useful. Another easy way in which I could gain audience feedback would be from asking my class members and friends to look at my blog really helped too and give me feedback, for example whenever I was struggling to decide on a photo or lacked inspiration as to which direction I should take my music video, they offered their advice and provided alternative views. This was important as by working on my own it meant that I was limit to only one personas option, my own so by getting this variety of views I was able to expand my creativity.

The majority of the audience feedback that I have needed the most has been on my music video; I asked my class mates, family and friends to watch my video to give me a variety of opinion. As useful as all of the criticisms I received were I feel the most important ones came from the people within my target audience bracket. I received much audience feedback  from my teacher which I appreciated as she knew had seen my video progress and had media knowledge to apply to the feedback, this was important  because I really just wanted to get it finished looking the best that it could and make sure that the narrative was as understandable as possible. However not all the feedback I received was helpful because if I changed it the way everyone wanted it would lose its meaning and I know that although audience feedback is really important but it was also important that I stayed true to my vision for my music video. Therefore I did make changes as a result  of my audience feedback however I didn't change everything that people didn't like as it just complicated things, I found it impossible to please everyone but I left the ending of my music video open which meant it was rather ambiguous and open to different peoples interpretations for example one member of my audience was asking whether or not they were actually together whilst another viewer was convinced their got the meaning and that the lyrics “lover hold on” was amplified by the video as the lovers were able to overcome their issues and remain together.  

Overall, the feedback I have received throughout the process was very helpful indeed in achieve a successful media text which appealed to my target. I have taken on board the various comments and advice received, and I have altered parts of the ancillary texts which were weaker looking. I think its important that  I got other people’s opinions on my coursework as working on your own can limit your viewpoint, and others may have different  views and ideas to me so it was key to get additional ways of viewing my coursework. 

No comments:

Post a Comment